Monday, August 18, 2014

Week 1: The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - My Favorite Place

I am, quite possibly, the biggest Potterhead there is. I've read all the books (multiple times) seen the movies (multiple times),waited, in full costume, for hours for both movie and book releases, and have been sorted into a house on Pottermore (Hufflepuff, thank you very much.) Talk to me about Harry Potter for about five minutes and I'll count you as one of my best friends. I could go on and on but long story short is that I. Love. Harry. Potter. Imagine, then, my excitement (if that's even a strong enough word to describe my emotions) when I learned that my family was planning a vacation to Universal Studios Orlando, Florida and subsequently, The Wizarding World of Harry Potter.  I kid you not there were tears in my eyes as I walked into Hogsmeade for the first time. Walking through the Hogwarts castle and seeing all my favorite characters in front of me and talking to me - there are just no words. I would have been happy spending the entire vacation there, but even my supportive parents and equally nerdy boyfriend had their limits. I have not been back since its been revamped and Diagon Alley was added, which is probably just as well - I would probably pass out before I crossed the threshold. You could say I'm a little obsessed (I warned you) but in what other way could we Muggles (I guess my letter really isn't coming...) ever experience Hogwarts? Visiting the Wizarding World of Harry potter was seriously like a dream come true!

1 comment:

  1. How great, Jada! I am so curious about Wizarding World... before the beginning of the school year, I watch all the Harry Potter movies, so I was doing that last week, and some of the more recent movies had adds for WW at the beginning of the DVD. It looks like so much fun! Maybe you could do a Hogwarts-inspired project for this class: you could imagine some guest professor at the school, and you could share some stories about wizarding and magic with the students! So, for example, you could find some stories about magic from, say, Russia (or wherever) and then imagine some visiting Russian witch who teaches at Hogwarts, so that Harry and the rest could be your audience! Anyway, it's something to ponder... I bet it would be a lot of fun to tell some stories that way! And feel free to do Hogwarts-themed stories for your storytelling in class: you need to use traditional myths and legends for the CONTENT... but Hogwarts as a storytelling style could work wonderfully!

    ReplyDelete