Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Week 2: Famous Last Words

So this past week has been pretty hectic but I've actually really enjoyed all of the work that I've done for this class.

I think if I had to pick a writing of mine that I think was the "best" (it's a little awkward judging my own work) I would have to pick the Storytelling post. It has been a long time since I've done any sort of creative writing really (Life of a science major...) so it was fun to just start going and see where my imagination (who knew I even still had one of those!) took me. I also really liked reading others' work. Some of the Storytelling posts blew me away with their creativity and also the style of writing. It made me eager to try out some different styles of writing in my own future posts.

Fun Fact: this is actually the second mythology class I'm enrolled in for this semester. I'm also enrolled in Classical Mythology which I LOVE. Seriously, my nerdy side (the one that reads mythology in her spare time) has fully emerged and this is the first class I've had in awhile that I am legitimately excited to go to everyday. I HIGHLY recommend taking the course as maybe a western civ (like I'm doing) or if you just have a free elective, especially if you're really enjoying the readings and course work in this class. Even if you're (like me) a science major, math major, or any kind of major that really has nothing to do with the humanities, I think it's really important to take a break from theorems and formulas every once in awhile, even if its only for the length of a 3 hour course for one semester. That's part of the reason I'm enrolled in this class as well (also extreme nerdiness and love for all things mythology!)

Well I'm just amazed that I made it through this first few weeks of the semester! It was touch and go there for awhile...
Have a great week everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment